Tuesday 29 January 2013

I Guess By Now Most Of Our Friends Know Am Scared Of Heights,

so it will come as no surprise to say I will not be taking pictures like these,


 the pictures were taken by and feature Korean photographer Ahn Jun,  

and this was the picture that started her project, to take pictures over the sides and tops of buildings, as she explains, 'I was sitting on the edge of my apartment in New York and looking over the cityscape, I had a thought that suddenly my youth was coming to an end and I could not figure out the future, I sat on the edge and looked down, I took a picture of my feet and that was the start of my project',



Jun completed a BA in art history at the University of Southern California before going to New York to study photography at the Pratt Institute, then Parsons The New School for Design, She started Self-Portrait while at Pratt, but says working on it took a while as she sometimes had to wait months to get permission to shoot, the buildings she shoots from are a mixture of landmark architecture and places that have personal significance for her, but she always shoots in the same way – setting her camera onto drive mode, she shoots as many images as possible per second until the memory card is full,



in my case the memory card would be empty as there would be no chance of me getting close to the edge, but then if we were all the same how boring life would be.

No comments: